NAVA Gamer's Gathering, August 29th: "Road Trip!"
NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. This is a FREE event bringing gamers together for competition, trading, and chatter.
Previously at NAVA...
- In our last episode, we let you the people decide on what we would play at NAVA.
- Our tournament was based on the most popular suggestion; Street Fighter, although since no 2 people suggested the same Street Fighter game we did a Street Fighter Roulette. The roulette started with Super Street Fighter II for the SNES, than Super Street Fighter II Turbo for the 3DO, followed by Street Fighter the Movie for PS1 and ended with Fighting Street for the TurboGraFX CD. Brian was our champion and won himself a free ticket to A Video Game Con.
- The arcade challenge was Galaga by popular demand and Thomas G. won with the highest score of 173,520 and also won a free ticket to A Video Game Con.
- Since we didn’t give away a $20 Gift Certificate this NAVA we had an impromptu Pokemon Stadium 2 Mini-Game Challenge where players competed to play against our store Champion Thomas A. and David P. won and even beat our resident Pokenstein Leonard A. at a sudden Pokemon Quick-draw Quiz game.
- Games and systems traded hands between attendees who brought their own trade boxes.
See it all in our photo gallery section at the store's website and feel free to comment!
This Month's NAVA: We’re going on a road trip! Not literally only figuratively, NAVA will still be at Digital Press Videogames in Clifton, NJ. Anyway, we’re going on a figurative road trip! And when NAVA goes on a road trip it isn’t in a boring old car, it’s in a supped up car with rockets attached to it like in Rocket League! We do it in a school bus with missiles attached to it like in Vigilante 8! We do it in cars with laser cannons, cluster bombs and super boosters like in Rock N’ Roll Racing! Buckle up NAVA goers it’s going to be a wild ride, figuratively speaking.
Arcade challenge! Did you know we have a driving MAME cabinet? It’s that big thing with the wheel between the Marvel Vs. Capcom machine and the MAME machine we normally have our arcade challenges on, well this month we’re having our Arcade Challenge on that machine, and we’re playing Super Sprint. Created by Atari Games in 1986 it’s your standard racing game set from above. Be the best at the game on this one day by logging the highest score on our arcade cabinet by 9pm and win a nifty $20 gift certificate and possibly get your name added to the "House Champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Arcade challenge games are set to FREE PLAY all day, but please remember to let everyone get a shot. If you get the high score, move on, and no hogging the cabinet! Also if you have won last month’s NAVA arcade challenge you are no eligible to win this month’s challenge.
Tournament! This month we’re playing a game that has exploded since its release last month; Rocket League! If you don’t know what Rocket League is, it’s kind of like soccer, in cars, with rockets attached to them, and explosions! Sign-ups begin at 3pm, the tournament starts around 6pm and its first-come, first-served in this FREE-to-join tournament.
Remember to get your trade boxes in order so we can all buy, sell and trade together. Wear your NAVA or Digital Press t-shirt for the maximum discount on store purchases. Also, bring your Nintendo 3DS to share street passes... it's NAVA time!
RSVP (optional): http://www.facebook.com/digitpress?sk=events
When: Saturday, August 29th, 3pm to midnight.
Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/7nobzcr
What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
What can I bring?: It's nice to share. Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.