NAVA Gamer's Gathering, February 22nd: "Snow: A Tribute To Snow"
NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. This is a FREE event bringing gamers together for competition, trading, and chatter.
Previously at NAVA...
- In our last episode, attendees, store personnel and friends and family of Digital Press Videogames celebrated the videogame crash of 1983.
- Systems and computers popular in 1983 took center stage, as did the music and garb of the time.
- The arcade challenge was Roc 'n Rope. Aaron T put up the high score of 32390 and walked away with the $20 prize.
- The 6pm tournament was Mario Bros (not Super Mario Bros) on an Atari 8-bit computer. Gabe D bested the competition for the championship crown.
- Games and systems traded hands between attendees who brought their own trade boxes.
See it all in our photo gallery section at the store's website and feel free to comment!
This month! It's been a snowy winter. We pay tribute to the gods of snow by honoring snowy-themed games and game levels. Please. Make the snow stop, gods of snow.
Arcade challenge! In 1981 Taito quietly released a gem of an arcade game called Alpine Ski. In it, you ski UP the screen, avoiding the usual obstacles and racing the clock and death! Be the best at the game on this one day by logging the highest score on our arcade cabinet by 9pm and win a nifty $20 gift certificate and possibly get your name added to the "House Champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Arcade challenge games are set to FREE PLAY all day, but please remember to let everyone get a shot. If you get the high score, move on, and no hogging the cabinet!
Tournament! Capcom's Snow Bros is a devilishly competitive co-op game and we're sure there are some stars among our attendees. Who is the ULTIMATE Snow Bro? Sign-ups begin at 3pm, the tournament starts around 6pm and it's first-come, first-served in this FREE-to-join tournament.
Remember to get your trade boxes in order so we can all buy, sell and trade together. Wear your NAVA or Digital Press t-shirt for the maximum discount on store purchases. Also, bring your Nintendo 3DS to share street passes... it's NAVA time!
RSVP (optional): http://www.facebook.com/digitpress#!/digitpress?sk=events
When: Saturday, February 22nd, 3pm to midnight.
Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/7nobzcr
What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
What can I bring?: It's nice to share. Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.