Chat With The Community
Enter a Nickname below and click Connect!
Note that we're not always online but you can almost always catch us during store hours:
11am-8pm Mon-Thur, 11am-9pm Fri-Sat, and 12pm-5pm Sun (Eastern Time).
If you'd like to have a dedicated Windows program for chatting with the DP community, we suggest the IRC client mIRC. Follow the steps below to get setup and begin chatting with fellow gamers.
- Download and run the mIRC installer
- Run mIRC from the Start menu
- Go to File > Connect, and under the Connect menu, click on "Servers"
- Double click on the "Freenode" folder, scroll and find "Random US Server"
- Click on "Random US Server" and then click on the "Select" button to the right
- Fill out your nickname and other optional details and click Connect
- After successfully connecting, type out "#digitalpress" (no quotes) in the "Enter a channel name" text field and click Join
- Now you can chat with the Digital Press community!
If you'd like to have a dedicated application for chatting with the DP community, we suggest the free IRC client Colloquy. Follow the steps below to get setup and begin chatting.
- Download and drag Colloquy into your Applications folder
- Launch Colloquy and go to File > New Connection
- Change your nickname to whatever you'd like, keep Server Protocol using "IRC" and click the arrow to select "irc.freenode.net" for the Chat Server
- Click on "irc.freenode.net" now in the server list and then click the "Join Room" button
- Type "digitalpress" (no quotes) and get chatting with the community!